Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Football and Sewing

I had a moment of grand excitement last night when I realized that college football season is about to start. I am an avid football fan (college pretty much exclusively—I guess in the end I’m that much of a girl that I can’t do it more than one day a week!), by which I mean I tend to spend Saturdays watching anywhere between College Game Day and 1 ½ games (if both my alma matter and LSU are playing at the same time) to…well, an all-day affair that encompasses three full games and pieces of others. Yeah. Like I said, avid.

I will admit that sometimes, some weeks and even some seasons, I’m less into it all. But it occurred to me last night that spending all day Saturday in front of the TV watching football means I can also be spending all day Saturday sewing. I won’t have to feel like I’m missing time reading or that I should be doing housework or any number of other pursuits, with respect either to the watching of the greatest game or the sewing projects. If I do both, I’m multi-tasking, and that absolutely trumps any singular activity I could engage in instead.

So I’ll be watching all the games this season. And sewing while I do it. And if that’s not a Project Runway editorial combination of “hard” and “soft”/”masculine” and “feminine” to a hilarious degree, situationally speaking….

Now if I can just control my drinking-with-football habit, I've got it made!

No comments:

Post a Comment